Host a Pit Stop
Each year the number of pit-stop hosts seems to grow and we are always happy to see even more spread around the city.
Thanks to all of the organizations and communities that have hosted pit stops over the years and welcome to all those new pit-stop hosts. We hope that you have lots of fun on Bike to Work Day and continue to come back year after year.
Bike to Work Day 2021 will take place on Monday June 7, 2021.
Pit stops are hosted by Bike Week volunteers, community groups and our corporate sponsors from 6:30-9:00 am Bike to Work Day. The aim is to reach as many commuters as possible by ensuring pit stops are located on visible, busy commuter paths throughout the entire city — not just downtown. Check out the pit-stop map that shows all those that have already registered.
Bike Week Winnipeg will do our best to assist your organization in planning your pit stop. We provide a banner and some training for your stop at our annual pit stop meeting, and it’s up to you to make your pit stop unique by providing food, beverages, contests or prizing- the sky is the limit! If you think that your organization would be a good fit for a pit stop please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up below.
Information for Pit-Stop Hosts
- Bike Week wants Pit-Stops to be relatively independent. With over 70 pit-stops to coordinate, providing food and beverages is very difficult and so we want pit-stop hosts to connect with local businesses, thereby providing more diversity and interest to the large number of pit-stops.
- Bike Week will provide assistance and recommendations for pit-stop sponsors. We will continue to negotiate with some larger potential suppliers for food and beverages, however we are not guaranteed sponsorship and thus cannot guarantee that any products can be provided. If we are successful is negotiating with any suppliers (e.g. Tim Hortons, Starbucks, etc.) we will notify all pit-stop sponsors and provide contact information.
- Bike Week asks that pit-stops consider providing a bike mechanic at their location. Mechanics only need to provide basic services like filling low tires and lubrication chains. Bike Week will provide the chain lubricant for all pit-stops. If you are unable to provide a mechanic as your location please notify our pit stop coordinator (email@example.com) and we will do our best to provide a mechanic.
- Bike Week asks pit-stop sponsors try to provide:
- Advertising in their community prior to the event
- A minimum of 2 volunteers to help run the pit stop
- Water (preferably not bottled, but to fill up riders’ water bottles)
- Food and snacks
- Transportation of signage and snacks (bike trailer preferred)
- 1 or 2 tables + chairs
- Ideas to make your pit stop stand out (prizes, live music etc)
- Bike mechanical assistance (fill tires, minor adjustments etc)
- Please provide details of any promo, music, or prizes that you will be providing at your location so that we can promote these on our website.
The pit-stop sign up form below will be updated by January 2018 however in the meantime please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any information.